The Sports and PE Premium for schools started in 2013. Schools receive an allocation based on pupil numbers. Our annual allocation is £9,250.
In 2015-16 we allocated this funding to
- the development of a multi use games area in the playground. This increased the number of P.E. lesson opportunities and clubs at lunchtime and after school.
- employing a coach to faciltate football in the school gym at lunchtimes. This allowed for directed time for Years 1 -6
- all school staff received training on pitch and progression in P.E.
- taking part in the Maccabi Jewish Inter School Programme, which charged for each tournament.
In 2016-17 this fund will be used to
- increase the skills of teachers and support staff by training as qualified coaches in identified sports and areas of the PE curriculum.
- marking sports pitches on the newly surfaced playground
- purchase playground gym equipment
- taking part in the Maccabi Jewish Inter School Programme, which charges for each tournament. This fund has meant we do not need to pass this cost onto pupils.